We are looking for a talented part-time IT Manager to join a leading Manufacturing company in Wellingborough!
- 5yrs IT Manager / Lead experience
- 3+ Years in an IT Support role
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries and SQL Server management
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Server 2008/2012 & Windows 7/10
- VMWare ESXi / Vsphere
- Citrix Xendesktop VDI
- Exchange 2010
- Proficient with Cisco switches, routers and firewall appliances
- Apple desktops, laptops & mobile devices/iOS
- Networks & VPN
- Antivirus software administration
- SAN administration
- Sanderson unity F8 ERP
- Manufacturing experience
Main duties consist of:
- Researching and delivering IT projects as required by the business
- Continuous improvement of the IT infrastructure and its performance
- Creating reports and management information
- Identify cost saving opportunities and also recommend and implement new procedures, technologies or equipment as necessary
- Negotiate with suppliers to reduce costs/improve terms of services/contracts
- Liaise with third party hardware & software suppliers & helpdesks
- Manage IT budget and ensure expenses are kept in check
This role would be suitable for candidates that are looking for a 2nd job or would like to work around personal commitments. Our client is very flexible and they are happy to speak to candidates that are semi-retired but would still like the opportunity to work on a part-time basis.
- Team player
- Analytically strong
- Ability to prioritise
- Extremely organised
Any Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco or equivalent qualifications would be advantageous.
Keywords: IT, IT Manager, IT Support, SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Server, Windows 7, Windows 10, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange 2010, Cisco.