We are keen to speak to talented, data-driven Senior Software Developers to join a leading tech company in Manchester City Centre. This role will be focussed on building a personalisation platform and therefore a passion for data and a mathematical, machine learning or statistics background is essential.
We are ideally looking for Polyglot Developers who enjoy switching between languages, but as a rule Ruby or Python knowledge would be advantageous. If not, you will be the type of engineer who will enjoy learning this quickly.
This is a Senior Software Engineer role which is hands-on, but with added responsibility of mentoring Junior Developers and taking a lead on projects. So, whilst there is no direct management experience needed, a strong collaborative mindset with a passion for developing or mentoring people, certainly is.
As our ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate a background shipping awesome software for enterprise level platforms - within a product-led, agile environment, focussing on continuous delivery and improvement.
My client currently has a large, progressive, agile development team who pride themselves on their engineering craftmanship. It contains some of the leading software brains in the North-West all focussed on delivering innovative products used by millions.
- Strong commercial experience as a Polyglot Developer, ideally using Python or Ruby.
- A Senior Software Engineering Specialist with a data-driven, mathematical mindset.
- Passionate about working in fast-paced, continuous delivery and improvement environment.
- A collaborative knowledge-sharer who enjoys working in cross-functional teams.
- An interest in machine learning or data engineering.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and design patterns.
- Agile mentality.
- RabbitMQ (or similar – ActiveMQ, Kafka etc), MongoDB, Cloud (AWS, GCP).
If this is you, we want to hear from you. Apply online with your CV for an off-the-record chat about this amazing opportunity, with one of Manchester’s leading tech companies.
Keywords: Data, Ruby, Python, Machine Learning, Statistics, Agile, Agile Development, Developer, Software Engineer, Data Engineering, Software Architecture, Design Patterns, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, MongoDB, Cloud, AWS, GCP.