Salary | £85K – £100K
This is a really exciting, newly-created role for a Data Science Lead; on behalf of a global civil engineering business that is a leading manufacturer within the heavy construction industry. As part of their R&D team, they are looking for a highly experienced Scientist with a CivEng background to build out, and lead their Machine Learning capability, including building a small team.
They are currently undergoing a technology transformation, developing and delivering their intelligent infrastructure capability through IoT, as part of a global mission to improve safety and save lives.
Initial tasks will include:
- Defining AI Architecture.
- Delivering a number of POC’s including, anomaly detection & fault identification products.
- Build a small Data Science/ML team.
This is the ideal opportunity for a Data Scientist with extensive ML experience and a proven commercial background leading the delivery of projects to a successful conclusion.
We are keen to speak to candidates with expertise in some of the following areas:
AI/Scientific Machine Learning
- Scientific ML projects with AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) applications.
- Proven code production and pipelining of SciML in AEC (Keras/Tensorflow/PyTorch, Scikit-learn, AutoML).
- explainable AI/Robust AI (Computer Vision).
- Strong knowledge of Digital Twin technology.
- Experience with computer vision, including feeding it to ML.
- Bayesian ML/Uncertainty Quantification.
- Time Series ML.
- Latent structure identification/GAN.
- Streamline delivery of ML software and models.
- Expediting continuous production of ML models at scale.
- Civil/mechanical engineering.
- Experience in design standards/codes; pipeline of structural design.
- Monitoring and inspection + related standards/codes.
Keywords: Data Science Lead, Scientist, CivEng, Civil Engineering, Machine Learning, IoT, AI, Scientific Machine Learning, Architecture, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, AutoML, Robust AI, Mechanical Engineering.