This is a newly-created opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a technology R&D team at a global engineering organisation as part of their mission to deliver their intelligent infrastructure (IoT) program to revolutionise the civil engineering industry.
The R&D team are a group of passionate technologists specialising in software engineering, DevOps, IoT, Data Science and they operate with the autonomy of a startup, but with the financial backing of a global business – the best of both worlds.
After strong growth in the last 12 months, the next phase of the strategy is to grow the data team; this particular role would suit a candidate with strong knowledge of Bayesian statistics/probability theory, along with a commercial data science background in time-series analysis and scientific computing including experience developing and delivering DS Algos (Data Structure & Algorithms).
Therefore this role would suit a Scientist with a strong interest in software development (Scientific Developers), computer vision, anomaly detection and defect identification.
- C# and Python skills.
- PhD or Masters in a relevant STEM field (e.g. engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics etc).
- Scientific computing experience.
- Digital signal processing.
- Strong understanding of Bayesian statistics/probability theory.
- Experience with supervised/unsupervised learning techniques.
- Experience with either computer vision or time-series data processing.
- Understanding of PDEs and/or Finite Element Analysis (or similar numerical solution techniques).
- Understanding of probabilistic numerical methods.
- Desirable: experience with databases e.g. SQL, NoSQL.
Keywords: Data Scientist, Data, Data Science, Engineering, IoT, Civil Engineering, DevOps, C#, Python, Statistics, SQL, NoSQL.