Salary | £35K – £48K
My client is a leading data insights company with its own award-winning SaaS product which is an integral part of astute long-term business strategy in regards to customer feedback. They are looking for an IT Network Manager to join their team.
The IT Network Manager role reports to the CEO, but also has functional responsibilities working closely with the Client Services Director, and COO for:
- Networks and internal IT systems (Windows Server and Client, Azure and Microsoft 365).
- Monitoring and Reporting.
- Risk assessment and helping to maintain ISO 27001 (Information Security).
- Job Management, including software development work, and client project configuration.
- Incident and business continuity management.
This is a key company role managing network support services and ensuring that the company maintains operational servers, systems and processes on the internet 365/24/7, developing databases and code to enhance and maintain our software service to our clients. It requires a blend of skill ranging from professional knowledge, working as part of a team, communication and investigatory skills, and being reliable and trustworthy.
Hours of Work
- This role is a full-time, permanent position.
- Be able to participate in a Duty IT Roster, attending offices out of working hours to deal with an IT Incident (server failure etc) – current rota is one week in 4, but this may reduce to one week in 5 or 6 in the future.
- Willingness to work occasional weekends/out of hours to undertake maintenance.
- Willingness to work flexibly outside normal working hours during periods of job/software rollouts/maintenance upgrades, or when a time-critical date is approaching.
- Located within 20-30 minutes travelling time of Cranfield with own transport to travel into the office.
Candidate Information & Skills
We are looking for somebody with these skills.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in line management of a technical team.
- Ownership of IT/software development processes and systems, and associated risk mitigation strategies
- Worked as part of a management team to plan and manage work, overseeing the quality and standards of work.
- Capable of receiving a brief, interpreting the request, discussing how you plan to proceed with the work and complete it.
- Consistent and administratively competent – for example, record-keeping, checking in work, completing time records and test notes.
- Tenacity and skill to manage both a highly skilled team and less experienced team members.
- Enterprise software (Exchange, SQL, DevOps, MS Office, Firewalls, Windows/Azure/365).
- Network management (including AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP).
- Desirable to have experience working with SQL server database development, ASP websites and/or C# software development.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
- Trustworthy and honest, reliable and thorough, sometimes being creative.
- Minimum of BTEC IT Level 3, OCR IT level 3, or educated as an IT Apprentice with at least 6 years post apprenticeship experience or similar Microsoft qualifications.
- Willingness to be involved in the practical work (e.g. network cabling) and troubleshooting.
Skills: Windows, Server, Azure, O365, Information Security, Software, DevOps, Exchange, Network, Router, Switches, DNS, DHCP, AD, Group Policy, Firewalls.