Salary | £25K – £30K
Our client is a leading MSP who has built a solid reputation for honesty, expertise, and customer care. They developed the concept for managed IT services and cloud-based computing a long time before it became popular, and are still bringing innovative, high quality IT services to their client base. They are in the forefront when it comes to looking after their staff, with most having been with the company since day one and pretty much everybody in the business has been there much longer than the national average. This just means that the company is a great place to work, but also shows its commitment to its customers and their staff.
Due to expansion, they are now looking for a Service Desk Engineer to provide 1st/ 2nd line technical support on their busy service desk (MSP experience is a must). The workload will be varied, much of the work required for this position requires investigations into incidents, owning escalations, problems, and projects from an early stage through to completion whilst bearing SLA targets.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a role of supporting servers, networks, printers, PC’s, and applications. Ideally, this would have been gained within a Managed Service Provider.
- Respond to all incidents, escalations, changes, problems, and projects for customers within the SLA for that incident, setting the customer expectation regarding response and keeping the customer up to date with the status and progress throughout ownership or the life of the call.
- Vetting of incidents from a technical perspective to ascertain the best method of resolution.
- Accepting or assisting with incidents in an escalation capacity.
- Use of the Incident Management System (IMS) in line with procedures, such that the system records accurately the response and fix times of the call as well as the work done and other notes which may be useful.
- Use of the Change Management System in line with procedures, such that the records accurately capture detailed steps of what is being done, to what system, when and what the risks, impact and rollback plan is.
- Use of the Problem Management System in line with procedures, to identify root cause, mitigate against recurrences, produce Major Incident Reports, and address repetitious incidents.
- Manage open calls, check with 3rd parties for updates, and chase where necessary.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply straight away with your up-to-date CV.
Skills: MSP, Managed Services, Microsoft, Desktop, Printers. Windows Server (2003 – 2102), Active Directory, Windows (8 & 10), Networks TCP/IP, DNS, VMware, Citrix, MS Office 365, 2nd Line, 3rd Line, IT Support, Service Desk, Help Desk, Remedy. Engineer, Analyst.